According to TAXUD-NEWS “the European Commission published two press releases and a MEMO on 25 September about infringement procedures in the field of taxation concerning five EU Member States.
For each case, the Member State(s) involved and the policy area are briefly mentioned below. See also our website.
- Estonia, legislation on the sale and marketing of cigarettes (MEMO/14/537);
- Germany, VAT refunds for non-EU operators (IP/14/1038);
- Greece, duty free service stations on land borders (MEMO/14/537);
- Greece, discriminatory taxation for ships flying foreign flags (MEMO/14/537) ;
- Italy, discriminatory legislation on inheritance tax (MEMO/14/537);
- The Netherlands, VAT exemption for water sport activities (IP/14/1040)”.